Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thought Gems

By Philip Copitch, Ph.D.

Regular readers of my blog or books know that I am a big believer in two short aphorisms (wise truths). On a regular basis these thought gems help me understand my world and get me though the day.

1. You don't know, what you don't know.
2. A little change can make a big difference.


These two very short illustrations show the power of these statements.

1. You don't know, what you don't know.




Many arguments between people start when one person thinks he or she has all the important information. Often we have to remind ourselves, "We don't know, what we don't know."

2. A little change can make a big difference.




Almost daily in my office a patient says, "I can't!" which usually means, "I don't want to."
Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that we don't need to take on a change all at once. By starting from a very tiny starting point, we have a great chance to grow into our desired change.

Go find your great day!

Dr. Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question for Dr. Copitch, leave it in the comment area, or send it directly to Dr. Copitch (http://www.copitchinc.com/contact-dr.-copitch.html) Please, only general interest shrink type questions.